Kulturoznawstwo - spec. komunikacja międzykulturowa
Master of Intercultural Communication
Mode of studies: master studies, full-time, double diploma from Adam Mickiewicz University and European University Viadrina
Study programme: courses in theory and methods in intercultural communication, intercultural management, linguistic issues related to intercultural interaction, ethnic identity and gender studies, courses in culture and history of Eastern European societies, improving language competence, intercultural training, practice in the fi eld of intercultural communication
Types of classes: lectures, seminars, tutorials, language classes, student placements
Degree: Magister (Master of Arts) in Cultural Studies – Intercultural Communication issued by Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznań, Faculty of Anthropology and Cultural Sciences and Master of Arts – Sprache – Medien – Gesellschaft (track Intercultural Communication) issued by European University Viadrina, Frankfurt (Oder) – Faculty of Cultural Sciences
Knowledge and skills:
- intercultural interaction in the border region,
- intercultural interaction between the eastern and western regions of Europe,
- migration, ethnicity, linguistics, culture and history of Eastern European societies, intercultural communication and management,
- theories, methods, empirical data invaluable in solving practical problems in intercultural communication,
- practical problems related to intercultural communication,
- practical foreign language skills,
- using languages in intercultural interaction.
Professional career opportunities: international organisations and institutions, multinational companies (i.e. HR departments), EU administration, consulting agencies and other agencies in business environment, international media, cultural diplomacy, educational institutions, coaching and training centres, international mediation and advocacy organisations, research centres
Recruitment procedures concerning Adam Mickiewicz University :
For graduates of the first-cycle studies of the same or related faculty :
- competitive admission based on the final first-cycle diploma grades
The candidates are required to know English and German well enough to be able to participate actively in classes and lectures etc.
The condition of being admitted is to be registered as a student of Master of Arts – Sprache – Medien – Gesellschaft (Master), MICS Track at Viadrina University at the same time.
Students enrolled in the academic year 2020/2021 will be exempt from the fee for studies by decision of the Rector of Adam Mickiewicz University.
REGISTRATION OF DIPLOMA THESES - ATTENTION!!!
Diploma theses which do not comply with ALL formal requirements set out in the above mentioned documents shall not be accepted for registration!!!